Promotion or Competition Rules
GENERIC PROMOTION OR COMPETITION RULES
The following terms are used in this document as defined below:
Disqualified Participants are:
(a) all employees of Promoters, participating sponsors or other promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families; and
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel, alcohol or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
Immediate Families include a person’s spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension; and
Promoter means, as applicable, Stride Property Limited, any company or shopping centre managed, owned or otherwise under the control of Stride Property Limited, or any of their respective related companies, agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules (the Rules) apply to all Stride Property Limited Promotions or Competitions (collectively, the Promotion) conducted on or off site and by means of any medium – radio, television, print, telephone or computer. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms those specific rules or terms will apply in addition to these Rules. Where, there is any inconsistency with the Rules then the specific rules or terms will prevail.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the abovementioned specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to one per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
5. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only.
6. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries or exclude any person from participating in the Promotion at its sole discretion.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who the Promoter decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
9. By participating, entrants grant the Promoter exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
10. By entering the Promotion, participants acknowledge that the personal information they provide during the Promotion may be collected and held by the Promoter at its offices (currently Level 12, 34 Shortland Street, Auckland) for the purpose of running the Promotion. Participants consent to their personal information being collected, used and disclosed to and by the Promoter, its agents, affiliates, related business companies, other companies associated with running the Promotion, and business partners for any promotional activities run by the Promoter and for the purpose of contacting the winner of the Promotion. All entrants have the right to inspect and update their personal information at any time.
12. Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply:
a) any form of automated text message is invalid; and
b) the Promoter takes no responsibility for text costs, including those incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the specific rules or terms of that Promotion.
Winning the Prize
13. The prize is as specified in, and is subject to, the specific rules or terms of the Promotion.
14. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the Winner).
15. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the specific rules or terms of that Promotion – if not specified, then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
16. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text) or mail and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by the Promoter.
18. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (for example when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. (Note: three attempts to contact will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry. However, should the total value of the prize equal less than NZD$250 and requires the person to be present or contactable when the Winner is drawn, only one failed attempt at contact will be acceptable before the Judge selects another winner.)
19. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit.
20. The prize is not redeemable for cash, exchangeable or transferable. No other family members, friends, colleagues or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf.
21. In the event that the prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
22. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person they must provide valid identification (a valid New Zealand driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate or other identification acceptable to the Promoter). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years, their parent or guardian must give their prior written consent to the award of the prize.
23. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his / her own risk and indemnifies the Promoter in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize.
24. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
The Promoter’s Responsibility
25. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
26. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, acts of God or otherwise.
27. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its related companies, agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives (the Protected Parties) will not be liable for, and the winner indemnifies them against, any claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with the Promotion conducted by the Promoter (including in respect of Promotion entry or winning a prize). Entrants agree that this clause is for the benefit of and enforceable by any of the Protected Parties for the purposes of the Contracts (Privity) Act 1982.
28. Nothing in these Rules is intended to exclude, restrict or modify a consumer's rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. These Rules must be read subject to those statutory provisions and will not affect any statutory rights that a prize-winner may have in relation to the return of goods.
29. If entry to the Promotion is being made on-line, by completing an entry the entrant agrees to be bound by that website’s general Terms and Conditions of Use. In the event of conflict between these Rules and that website’s General Terms and Conditions of Use, these Rules will prevail.
30. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside the Promoter’s control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, the Promoter has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
31. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Rules.